The secure, private and optimized mobile web browser from Samsung.
Officially supported devices are all Samsung Galaxy and Google Nexus phones with Android 5.0 and above.
Security & Privacy Samsung Internet helps you protect your security and privacy while browsing the Internet.
* DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo is available as a search engine option. DuckDuckGo is a privacy-focused search engine which has lots of features to enable you to quickly find the content you need the most.
* Content Blockers Samsung Internet for Android allows 3rd party apps to provide filters for Content Blocking. You can browse the web without unnecessary content cluttering your screens. The Disconnect.me Content Blocker, available from the Play Store, will block harmful ads and tracking cookies to help protect your privacy online. With a Content Blocker enabled, take a look in the menu to see how many contents have been blocked, with the new Content Blocker Status UI.
More Comfortable Samsung Internet supports features that make your everyday browsing more comfortable.
* Web Payments Shopping on the web will get more secure and easier than ever with support for the new Web Payments API, letting you check out and pay securely with only a few taps.
* CloseBy (Physical Web) When you approach a Physical Web beacon, the CloseBy service will make a notification showing the title and description of the website. Letting you easily access useful information close by.
* Progressive Web Apps indication badge Progressive Web Apps are applications which can be installed like apps or used in the browser. When the page you are viewing supports this feature, an indication badge will appear in the URL bar.
* Amazon Shopping Assistant Amazon Shopping Assistant can be turned on to enable you to get the best deals when shopping on the web by comparing products with Amazon.
* Video Assistant Video Assistant lets you switch between various viewing modes while watching videos. Pop-up player lets you browse the web while watching videos.
* 360 Video You can also view immersive videos right in the browser without needing to wear a GearVR headset. You can swipe to pan 360 videos to look around.
* Tab Swipe Swipe left or right in the URL bar or bottom toolbar, to navigate to your previous/next tab.
* Quick Menu A new Quick Menu can be enabled in the Extensions, providing fast access to useful features.
Better integrated with Samsung devices Samsung Internet aims to provide a consistent and continuous user experience among various Samsung devices.
* Virtual Reality is available for the web! Place the phone into the Gear VR headset when you are viewing a web page and it will open in Samsung Internet for Gear VR.
* Samsung Internet is now optimized for desktop browsing with the DeX dock.
New features: - Web Payments - CloseBy - QR code scanner - Tab Swipe - Quick Menu - Content Blocker Status UI - DeX desktop experience - Progressive Web App indication badge - Web engine is upgraded to Chromium 51.2704
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
Required permissions none
Location: Used to provide location-based content requested by the user or location information requested by the webpage in use Camera: Used to provide webpage shooting function and QR code shooting function Microphone: Used to provide recording function on webpage Contacts: Used to store phone numbers from webpages SMS: Used to provide automatic SMS authentication function for Wi-Fi sign-in Storage: Used to store files when downloading from webpages
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions. Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.